Green Monster English Muffin Pesto Pizzas
Author: My Diary of Us
- Green Monster English Muffin Pesto Pizzas
- ½ Cup Village Farms Maverick Mix® Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil + 1 tsp.
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1 Tsp. Pine Nuts (can omit for nut allergies)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ⅛ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- ⅛ Tsp. Black Pepper
- 4 English Muffins
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Frozen or Fresh Peas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice tomatoes in half, and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until tomatoes caramelize slightly and release some of their liquid.
- Make pesto by combining spinach, basil, pine nuts if using, garlic, parmesan cheese, ¼ cup olive oil, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth.
- When tomatoes are done, slice English muffins in half and place onto a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes to toast slightly.
- Remove muffins from the oven and top with pesto, shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 tbsp. per muffin) and tomatoes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator and/or freezer for easy lunch box additions.