roasted campari bloody mary
- 3½ pounds Village Farms sinfully sweet campari® tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup water, plus additional if needed
- 2½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 16 ounces vodka
- Celery stalks, cooked cocktail shrimp, lemon wedges, olives, and/or Village Farms true rebel mix® tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut campari tomatoes in half and divide between two rimmed baking pans. Drizzle campari tomatoes with oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Use hands to toss until all campari tomatoes are coated in oil, then turn them so cut sides are facing down. Transfer pans to oven and bake 45 minutes or until campari tomatoes are very soft and tomato skins are shriveled. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
- Carefully pull skins off tomatoes and discard. Transfer campari tomatoes and any accumulated juices to blender. Add water, Worcestershire sauce, dill, lemon juice, horseradish, celery seeds, lime juice, sriracha, paprika, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Blend until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved. Taste mixture and adjust seasonings and spices to suit your taste. Transfer mixture to covered container or jar and refrigerate until chilled, or up to 5 days.
- Fill 8 pint glasses with ice. Add 2 ounces vodka to each glass; top with Bloody Mary mix. Stir well and serve with desired garnishes.