Fresh Summer Tomato Tart
Author: The Toasted Pine Nut
Yields: 6-8 slices
- 6 tablespoons salted butter or ghee
- 2 egg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 - 8 ounces honey goat cheese
- 3 cups Village FarmsLorabella Blossom tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- Handful of basil
- Balsamic reduction drizzle, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, 1 egg, almond flour, and sea salt.
- Whisk everything together and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Grease your pie tin with coconut oil, spray, or extra butter.
- With your hands, press the crust into the pie tin. This won’t be typical pie crust consistency, it’s pretty malleable, so feel free to really spread it, break it and fill in the entire tin.
- In a small bowl, whisk the second egg.
- Brush the whisked egg on the inside of the pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown.
- When it’s done baking, crumble the goat cheese into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Cut the the Lorabella Blossom tomatoes in half and line them in the pie crust, pushing them into the goat cheese if they need some help standing up.
- Turn your broiler on high and broil for 2 - 5 minutes depending on what kind of oven you have. I have an electric oven and it took me 5 - 7 minutes.
- Cut into 6 - 8 slices and drizzle with balsamic reduction if desired!