tuna-stuffed mini cucumber canoes
Author: Chef D. Brown
Yields: 4 portions Approx. prep time: 15 min
- 6 Village Farms mini cucumbers
- 1 120g tin Canned tuna in water, drained
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Edamame, shelled
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- Pinch Black pepper
- Pinch Sea salt
- Mix tuna, mayo, and lemon juice in a bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut the mini cucumbers in half lengthwise, and shave a thin slice off the bottom so they sit flat.
- Using a small spoon, carve out a groove by removing the seeds and making a "canoe".
- Chop the extra mini cucumber slices and seeds, and toss into the tuna salad mixture.
- Fill up the mini cucumber "canoes" with the tuna salad and place the edamame beans on top. Sprinkle with lemon zest.