pa amb tomàquet (tomato rubbed toast) with campari tomatoes, ricotta, peas, & chorizo
Author: Chef D. Brown
Yields: 12 crostini Approx. prep time: 20 min
- ½ lb Village Farms sinfully sweet campari® tomatoes
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Baguette
- ½ lb Chorizo sausage, dry cured
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1 cup English peas
- ¼ cup Fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh mint, chopped
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- ½ tsp Peperoncino chili flakes
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Cut chorizo sausage into small diced cubes.
- Chop parsley and mint, fold half into the ricotta and reserve the rest for garnish.
- Zest the lemon into the ricotta and reserve the remaining lemon/juice to finish.
- Cut baguette into cross sections 1” thick and place on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle baguette slices with half of your olive oil.
- Toast baguette slices in oven at high heat until brown and crusty, 3–5 minutes.
- Rub each crusty slice of bread 2–3 swipes with a raw garlic clove.
- Cut Campari tomatoes in half and rub the cut surface of the tomato onto the crusty bread until it's mashed down to a paste on the bread. Do this for all the baguettes and lay them out on a sheet pan.
- Top each baguette slice with a dollop of the herbed ricotta. Pat down a flat spot, then drop a tablespoon each of diced chorizo and peas directly onto the ricotta.
- Top with the remaining lemon juice, chopped mint, and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a serving platter.