tomato guajillo salsa
Yields: 8 servings
- Heat grill or broiler to high.
- Cover ancho chilies in bowl with hot water for 20 minutes.
- Grill to char whole white onion, red pepper, jalapeño, and garlic for 10 minutes.
- Grill to char ½ the grape tomatoes and ½ the green onion for 4 minutes.
- Cut charred fresh vegetables into small pieces.
- Add to blender with ancho chili, chipotle pepper, cilantro, and additional green onions until chunky.
- Add to pot, simmering until reduced by ⅓.
- Let cool, then add vinegar and olive oil, whisking until blended.
- Next, blister additional grape tomatoes in hot pan.
- Fold into salsa mixture.