Individual Baked Spaghettis
Author: My Diary of Us
- Individual Baked Spaghettis
- 1 Lb. Pasta
- 1 Lb. Ground Bison or Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Finely Diced Onion
- 2 Finely Minced Garlic Cloves
- 20 Oz. Village Farms Heavenly Villagio Marzano®
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp. Brown Sugar (optional)
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil
- 2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Bring a large pot full of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and let cook until tender.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and bison and brown the meat, about ten minutes.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to the meat and continue to cook another five minutes.
- Meanwhile, add tomatoes to a food processor or blender and puree until the consistency of crushed tomatoes.
- Add pureed tomatoes along with the Italian seasoning, brown sugar, salt, and pepper and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Let sauce simmer for about fifteen minutes.
- Taste test and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Add fresh basil and stir in for the last minute of cooking. Turn off heat.
- Drain pasta and snip noodles with kitchen shears to make it easier for little ones to eat if desired.
- Add both the pasta and the sauce to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.