Grilled Delectable TOV® Tomato and Cheese
Author: My Diary of Us
- 8 Slices of Hearty Whole Grain Bread
- 4 Village Farms Delectable TOV® (tomatoes on the vine)
- 8 Slices of Cheese (I used Havarti and Colby Jack)
- Salt and Pepper
- 4-6 Tbsp. Softened Butter
- Slice Delectable TOV® about ⅛-inch-thick and then salt and place on paper towels to remove excess liquid for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium high heat.
- Butter one side of all of the bread slices and then layer the non-butter side with Havarti cheese, tomatoes, a little pepper, and then a layer of Colby jack cheese.
- Place the other bread slice on top, buttered side up. (So that buttered sides are facing out.)
- Place onto the hot skillet and use another heavy pan to place on top of the sandwiches to help melt the cheese and press the sandwiches.
- Flip after about 5 minutes when a nice crust has formed on one side.
- Repeat the process on the other side. Serve immediately.