Greek Mason Jar Salad
Author: Lunches and Littles
- 1 box (8 oz) lentil elbow noodles, or pasta of choice
- 1 red onion (chopped or spiralized)
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 2 cucumbers (sliced, diced or spiralized)
- 1-pint lorabella blossom® tomatoes (tomatoes cut in half)
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie-style chicken
- butter lettuce, or greens of choice
- feta cheese, salt, and pepper to taste
- Ingredients (for the dressing):
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil (can also use a tsp or so dried instead)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp marjoram
- 1 medium-sized lemon (juiced)
- ¾ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente per package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, prep any produce that you need to prep and measure out your spices, etc.
- Make the dressing by combining the following in a large bowl: vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, marjoram and lemon juice. Once combined, slowly add in your olive oil whisking gently as you go
- until oil is incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste, and then set dressing aside.
- Arrange salad jars by layering dressing on the bottom of jars, followed by tomatoes, chicken, cucumber, pasta, olives, more tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese and butter lettuce on top. Once
- done, secure lids on tops of jars.
- If you are enjoying immediately, shake jar to distribute dressing. *If making ahead of time, please note that this salad can be refrigerated for a couple days. When ready to eat, shake jar to distribute dressing before serving. Enjoy straight from the jar or transfer to a bowl and enjoy!
- For more depth of flavor pour a very small amount of dressing onto individual salad components (onion, cucumber, etc.) and allow to marinate a bit prior to assembling. I always do this and it really gives it a much more intense flavor!
- Store extra dressing in the refrigerator for up to one week.