cherry no. 9 fall in love again® pepper jelly jam
Author: Nancy Farrar
- 1 package 10oz Village Farms cherry no. 9 fall in love again® tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp Red pepper jelly
- ¼ tsp Sugar
- Place cherry tomatoes in a saucepan and cook on medium for 12–15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to a thick sauce. Let cool slightly.
- Add red pepper jelly and sugar and stir until dissolved. Pulse in a small food processor until tomato skins are combined.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes before filling cookies. Mixture should be thick.
Author: Nancy Farrar Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 Egg, separated
- ¼ cup Brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- ¼ cup Shortening
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Cream butter, shortening and brown sugar in a stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to the mixer a little at a time, making sure not to over beat.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 egg white and set aside.
- Make 16 quarter-sized balls with the dough and create a deep well in each cookie using your thumb or the back of a small spoon. Cookies expand when baking, so smaller balls are better.
- Place unfilled cookies into the freezer for 15 minutes prior to baking.
- Remove and bake for 16–18 minutes until golden brown. Remove and reform the wells if needed. Let cool and fill with tomato jam.
Recipe and photography by Nancy FarrarPrint