Autumn Panzanella Salad
Author: My Diary of Us
- 2 Pints Village Farms Cherry no. 9 Fall in Love Again Tomatoes
- 1 Acorn Squash, seeds removed and sliced (can sub butternut squash or any other squash variety that you choose.)
- 1 Cup Diced Apple
- ½ Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 4 Cups Diced Ciabatta or French Bread
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- For Dressing:
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- ½ Shallot, Sliced Thin
- 1 Tsp. Chopped Fresh Sage
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and add tomatoes onto one baking sheet and the acorn squash onto the other baking sheet. Toss with ½ of the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are golden brown and tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While the vegetables are cooking, make vinaigrette by combining all ingredients into a mason jar and shake to combine. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- On another baking sheet add bread and drizzle with remaining olive oil and salt and pepper and toss to coat lightly.
- Remove cooked vegetables from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake bread for 15 minutes until lightly golden brown, careful not to burn.
- To assemble salad, add toasted bread, squash, and tomatoes to a large platter. Add diced apples and pomegranates and then toss with ½ of the dressing.
- Let sit for 15 minutes for flavors to soak in and then taste. Add more dressing if desired and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Recipe and photography by My Diary of Us
Read – A Friendsgiving Supper ClubPrint