Village Farms is one of the largest and longest-operating vertically integrated greenhouse growers in North America and the only publicly traded greenhouse produce company in Canada. Village Farms produces and distributes fresh, premium-quality produce with consistency 365 days a year to national grocers in the U.S. and Canada from more than nine million square feet of Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) greenhouses in British Columbia and Texas, as well as from its partner greenhouses in British Columbia, Ontario and Mexico. Village Farms is now leveraging its 30 years of experience as a vertically integrated grower for the rapidly emerging global cannabis opportunity through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Pure Sunfarms, one of the single largest cannabis growing operations in the world. Village Farms also intends to pursue opportunities to become a vertically integrated leader in the U.S. hemp-derived CBD market, subject to compliance with all applicable U.S. federal and state laws, Village Farms has established a joint venture, Village Fields Hemp USA, LLC, for multi-state outdoor hemp cultivation and CBD extraction and plans to pursue controlled environment hemp production at its Texas greenhouse operations, which total 5.7 million square feet of production area, when the U.S regulatory framework for CBD becomes clearer.
Our Mission is to lead the industry as the premier grower and marketer of branded, premium quality, greenhouse-grown fresh produce in North America. We constantly strive to exceed our customers’ expectations through unparalleled commitment to quality produce and sustainable growing practices.
Core Operating Principle
- The low cost high quality Producer and supplier of Cannabis in Canada.
Village Farms core operating principle is to deliver fairness and satisfaction in its customer brand promise. Management of Village Farms strives to operate the business for optimal success by endeavoring to be:
- The leading supplier of greenhouse grown produce in North America
- A producer of the highest quality product, which adheres to the highest food safety standards
- A low cost producer
- A daily supplier to customers
- A provider of excellence in customer service and logistics
- A business with a solid balance sheet
- Enhancing investor value through continual improvements in execution
- An employer with a dynamic environment in which employees can grow and prosper