grilled salmon with confit roasted true rebel mix® tomatoes and spicy broccolini
Author: Chef D. Brown
Yields: 4 portions <br>Approx. prep time: 1 hour
- 1 lb Village Farms true rebel mix® tomatoes
- 1½ cups Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig Fresh rosemary
- 1 lb Broccolini
- 1 tsp Peperoncino chili flakes
- 4 6oz Wild salmon portions
- 1 bunch Parsley
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Brush the salmon with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the broccolini with olive oil, salt, pepper and peperoncino flakes.
- Warm the remaining olive oil in a casserole dish or small sauté pan on the stovetop.
- Add the tomatoes, rosemary, and peperoncino flakes to the oil; transfer to oven.
- Cook tomatoes in oven for 45 minutes. Keep tomatoes warm in oven until ready to serve, or reheat later if preparing dish in advance.
- Preheat a grill pan, bbq, or heavy skillet to high heat.
- Grill or sear broccolini until cooked al dente. Remove from heat — reserve.
- Grill or sear salmon to your preference (roughly 6-8 minutes for medium rare to well done).
- Place tomatoes in a shallow bowl and top with roughly chopped parsley.
- Place the broccolini down first and top with salmon.
- Finish with a few tablespoons of the warm olive oil from the cooked tomatoes ladled over top.