roasted cherry and cabernet tomatoes with burrata and basil
Author: Chef D. Brown
Yields: 4 portions Approx. prep time: 30 min
- Preheat oven to 500°F - Broil; move a rack to the top.
- Brush the cherry tomatoes with a bit of the olive oil, and lay them out one layer deep on a sheet pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast under the broiler on the top rack until the cherry tomatoes get some charring and start to blister.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a platter.
- Add the burrata to the platter, cut it open, and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the cheese and cherry tomatoes with the remaining olive oil.
- Hand tear fresh basil and scatter over the salad.