cabernet estate reserve™ tomato coulis
Author: Chef D. Brown
Yields: Sauce for 4 servings
- 2 pkgs (1 lb) Village Farms cabernet estate reserve™ tomatoes
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp Extra black pepper
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ cup Basil
- 1 sprig Thyme (pick all of the leaves from the stem, discard stem)
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet and bake in a 350° oven for 20 minutes.
- Transfer tomatoes and any juice directly to a blender or food processor.
- Add olive oil, thyme leaves, and basil, and purée until smooth.
- Taste and re-season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately, or cool and set aside to serve chilled or reheated later.