peperonata salad with pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, & ricotta
Author: Chef D. Brown
Yields: 1 Quart
- 1 lb Village Farms sweet bells® peppers
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Peperoncino chili flakes
- ¼ cup Pine nuts
- ¼ cup Pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup Ricotta cheese
- ½ tbsp Fresh basil
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- Seed and cut sweet bell peppers into julienned strips lengthwise.
- Sautée in olive oil over medium heat until soft, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add chilies, pine nuts, and pumpkin seeds. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Plate salad and top with ricotta and fresh basil.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.