Maverick Mix® and Summer Veggie Pasta Salad
Author: The Toasted Pine Nut
- 10 oz. Maverick Mix® tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 oz. chickpea pasta (or favorite pasta)
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1 ear of corn
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 large basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, saute the bacon on medium heat, flipping every couple minutes.
- Once the bacon is cooked through, transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- When the bacon is cooled, chop into bite sized pieces.
- Drizzle the asparagus and corn with avocado oil.
- Heat your grill on high, and then turn it down to medium. Grill your veggies, turning them often so they don’t burn. The asparagus cooks pretty quick, so watch to make sure it’s the perfectly crispy brown.
- Once your corn is brighter yellow and has grill marks, you can pull it off.
- Cut the corn off the cob and cut the asparagus into 2 - 3 inch pieces.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the lemon juice, basil, avocado oil, garlic, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Blend until combined, about 15 seconds.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpea pasta, bacon bites, asparagus, corn, halved tomatoes, and dressing.
- Toss and serve!