Skillet Chicken with Heavenly Villagio Marzano® Tomatoes & Green Beans
Author: My Diary of Us
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 15 oz. Village Farms Heavenly Villagio Marzano® Tomatoes
- 1½ Cups of Green Beans
- 1 Minced Garlic Clove
- ¼ Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Sumac (optional, can sub paprika)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken on both sides with ½ of the salt and pepper and all of the sumac.
- Add oil to the hot skillet and add chicken skin side down to sear on both sides.
- Sear for 5 minutes or until chicken skin easily releases from the pan and flip and repeat on the other side.
- Bring pot of water to a boil and then add green beans to blanche for 2 minutes and then drain.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add tomatoes at this time along with the garlic and slightly char the tomatoes for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in green beans, season with the rest of the salt and pepper, and then nestle the chicken back into the pan in between the tomatoes and green beans.
- Place into the oven for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and skin is crispy.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the whole dish when it comes out of the oven and serve immediately.