Quick & Easy Roasted Heavenly Villagio Marzano® Hummus
Author: Lunches and Littles
- 1 cup heavenly villagio marzano® tomatoes
- 1 and ½ tbsp olive oil (divided)
- ½ tsp kosher salt + additional salt to taste
- a pinch of pepper + additional pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 (15 oz) can unsalted chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp water
- *You will also need fresh thyme, grated or shaved parmesan cheese, and a couple additional tomatoes (sliced in half).
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl place 1 cup tomatoes and drizzle with a little (approximately ½ tbsp) olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Spread tomatoes in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast tomatoes in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- While tomatoes are roasting combine tahini, lemon juice, 1 tbsp oil, chickpeas, garlic, salt, pepper and water in a large capacity food processor or blender (I use a @vitamix). Blend until smooth, then set aside (keeping contents in blender/food processor).
- Once tomatoes are done/roasted, remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- Next, add roasted tomatoes to blender/food processor (with hummus mixture still inside) and pulse/blend to combine thoroughly. If hummus mixture is too thick, you can add a drizzle
- more olive oil or a splash of water.
- When done, transfer hummus to a small dish or bowl and garnish with fresh thyme, grated/shaved parmesan cheese and a couple additional tomatoes (sliced in half), as shown.
- Serve hummus with vegetables of choice. As shown: served with cauliflower, celery, and carrots.