Mexican Style Tomato Soup featuring Sinfully Sweet Campari® Tomatoes
Author: My Diary of Us
- 4 Cups of Village Farms Sinfully Sweet Campari® Tomatoes
- 1 Poblano Pepper, cut in half
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- ½ Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Mexican Oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 6 Cups of Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- For the Toppings-
- Heavy Cream (optional)
- Avocado Slices
- Tortilla Chips
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice Sinfully Sweet Campari® tomatoes in half and place on a parchment lined baking sheet along with the poblano pepper, the onion, and garlic.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until caramelized slightly and then remove seeds from pepper.
- After roasting place in a large pot and add chicken stock and lime juice. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Strain with a fine mesh strainer to achieve a smooth consistency if desired and then bring to a simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve as is or with desired toppings.