Loaded True Rebel Mix® Mexican Nachos
Author: Nosh and Nourish
- For the Nachos:
- 10oz True Rebel Mix® tomatoes halved
- 8-12 oz tortilla chips of choice
- Mexican Street Corn (recipe below)
- Taco Meat (recipe below)
- 8 oz shredded Mexican Cheese
- ⅓ cup queso fresco
- ¼ cup diced red onion (optional)
- ¼ cup diced jarred mild jalapenos
- Handful of cilantro
- ½ cup Siggi’s plain yogurt
- ½ cup guacamole
- Other possible add-ons: melty queso dip, Chalula, or black beans.
- For the Street Corn:
- 3 ears of corn, cut off the cobb
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or sub olive oil)
- Juice from ½ a lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Siggi’s plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp queso fresco
- For the taco meat (optional):
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup grated sweet potato
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- In a large skillet pan over medium heat, combine the corn kernels, avocado oil, and lime juice. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Corn should get lightly browned, but not burned. Then, stir in chili powder, yogurt, and queso fresco. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In another large skillet pan over medium heat (or the same one emptied/wiped), saute the ground beef, quinoa, and grated sweet potato for approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Beef should be browned and cooked through (no pink). Set aside.
- Time to assemble your nachos!
- On a large
sheetpan, lay out the tortillas chips in a single-ish layer. Top with ½ the shredded Mexican cheese. Then add any remaining tortilla chips and then top again with the rest of the Mexican Cheese. Spoon the Mexican street corn mixture on top of the chips evenly. Then add on the taco meat (optional). Then top with crumbled queso fresco. Bake for 10-12 minutes. You want the cheese to be melted on the nachos and the chips to be lightly browned, but not burned!
- Remove from heat and then add on the toppings (evenly spaced): True Rebel Mix® tomatoes (halved), red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, Siggi’s yogurt, and guac.
- Feel free to arrange based on preference --- for example, I only put the red onion and guac on one half because my daughter and husband don’t love those.