Rudolph Grilled Cheese
Author: Produce for Kids
Yields: 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 slices lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 4 Village Farms® Heavenly Villagio Marzano® tomatoes, sliced lengthwise, plus 1 cut in half.
- 4 pretzels twists
- 2 black olives, sliced
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Add bread, butter-side-down, to skillet.
- Add 1 slice of cheese and half of the tomato slices.
- Top with other slice of bread, butter-side-up. Repeat with other sandwich. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Lay remaining slice of cheese on cutting board. Use a bottle top or other small round object to cut out 4 circles.
- Top grilled cheese with pretzels for antlers, cheese and olive slices for eyes, and tomato slice for nose.
- Serve with 1 cup tomato soup.