Chicken Cacciatore Flatbread
Author: Alex Torres, Meal Prep Mondays
- 2 Naan flatbreads
- 6 oz cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 bag Village Farms heavenly villagio marzano® tomatoes
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white onion, chopped fine
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Take ¼ bag of Village Farms Heavenly Villagio Marzano tomatoes and chop until it turns into a very chunky sauce. The remaining tomatoes, cut into small discs. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with olive oil, add chopped onions and cook 1 min. Now add chopped garlic, ½ tbsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, thyme, and oregano. Mix, bring heat down to medium and cook 2 mins.
- Now add your chopped tomatoes, chicken and half of the tomato discs. Let sit and cook on low 8-10 mins. If you think you overcooked it, simply add a little chicken stock to bring back its juice.
- We don't want it too watery because it will make the flatbread soggy. We're looking for a thicker consistency. Set side 5 mins to cool.
- Spread tomato and chicken mixture on flatbread leaving behind extra juices (if needed). Now place the remaining discs on top of the pizza spread out evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 5 mins! Serve hot topped with fresh parmesan cheese and basil! Enjoy!