heavenly villagio marzano® tomato galette
Author: Nancy Farrar
Yields: 1 small 8-inch tart - Serves 2
- 1 Large onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 10 oz Package Village Farms heavenly villagio marzano® tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz White cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 14.1 oz Package refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crusts, use one of the two crusts
- 1 Egg white
- ½ tsp Milk
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400º. Remove one roll of dough from the box, remove dough from plastic wrapper and let come to room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add sliced onion and salt and cook until caramelized, about 25–30 minutes on medium heat. Remove from heat and drain well on a paper towel.
- Unroll the dough and place onto crust – in order – onions, shredded cheese and mini san marzano tomato slices being careful to leave a 1-inch border around the edges of the dough for folding. Fold the uncovered 1-inch edge of the dough up around the contents. The filling inside the galette (or tart) should be visible. Brush a small amount of the egg white mixture over the edges of the exposed crust. Bake at 400º for 20–25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Top with fresh thyme before serving.
Recipe and photography by Nancy FarrarPrint