Caprese Salad with Grilled Peaches
Author: How to Feed a Loon
- 1 cup Heavenly Village Marzano® tomatoes Sliced in half, lengthwise
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup pesto homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups fontina cheese shredded
- 1 cup pancetta cubed and cooked until crisp
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula
- • ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated, for garnish (optional)
- Turn your grill onto medium high.
- Brush the oil all over the prepared mushroom caps and then sprinkle salt all over.
- Place the mushrooms, cap side down, onto a large grill rack or cast iron skillet.
- Place the mushrooms (on the rack or skillet) directly over the heat and cover the grill. Let cook for 6 minutes. Carefully remove the rack or skillet from the grill.
- Using a spatula, carefully turn the mushroom cap over, so the underside is facing up, still on the rack or skillet.
- Spread each cap with ¼ cup of the pesto sauce. Next, to each mushroom cap, add a layer of cheese, then a small handful of cooked pancetta, topped with the sliced tomatoes.
- Place back on the grill and cover. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes, until cheese has melted and is bubbly.
- Remove from the rack or skillet onto a plate and top with a small handful of arugula. Top with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan, if desired. Serve at once!
Recipe and photography by Kris and Wesley from How to Feed a LoonPrint