One Pan Roasted Cherry No.9 Fall in Love Again® Tomatoes, Chicken & Potatoes with Lemon Salad
Author: Lunches + Littles
Yields: 4 servings
- 1-2 lemons
- 6-8 chicken breast tenderloins, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 medium-sized lemons
- 6 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp oregano, divided
- a few handfuls of baby red potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Cherry No. 9 Fall in Love Again® tomatoes
- ¼ tsp basil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tbsp honey
- 1 container (approximately 5 oz) arugula, baby arugula or a spinach/ arugula mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Then, line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper or foil and spray lightly with a cooking spray of choice. Alternatively, you can just spray your cooking spray directly on your pan(s). Set aside. *If cooking for two, just divide the entire recipe in half and use one pan!
- Next, zest one of your lemons. Once finished zesting, cut a lemon in half and squeeze all juice from lemon halves, ensuring to remove any seeds from the juice. Depending on the amount of juice squeezed, you may need to juice second lemon. Set juice and zest aside.
- Rub/ season chicken generously with the following: 1 and ½ tbsp olive oil, only ½ tsp oregano, salt, pepper and most of your lemon zest (saving just a bit for garnish). Divide chicken between the two prepared baking sheets.
- Next, cut potatoes in quarters, or if very small - halves. Place in a large bowl and season with the following: 1 and ½ tbsp olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to evenly coat. Then transfer potatoes to baking sheets (divide between the two).
- Place your baking sheets in the oven and cook for 12-15 min. until chicken is cooked through. Then, remove chicken only from pans and set aside (keeping warm). Return pans with potatoes back to the oven. *If desired, you can also change oven setting mid-way through and broil chicken for last 2-3 min. of cook time. Continue cooking potatoes another 8-10 min., or until potatoes are soft, yet crispy and cooked through.
- While potatoes are back in the oven, take approx. 2 cups of tomatoes, and in a medium-sized bowl, and add ¼ tsp basil, 1 tbsp olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to evenly coat. Then, in the last 5 min. of cooking potatoes, add tomatoes to your baking sheets and cook alongside potatoes for the remainder of the time.
- While potatoes and tomatoes finish cooking, make your dressing by adding 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, mustard honey and ½ tsp oregano in a glass jar. Cover and shake until well blended. Alternatively, you can whisk these ingredients together and set aside.
- When potatoes and tomatoes are finished cooking, remove pans from oven and allow to just slightly cool. Then, add arugula or other greens to baking sheets and drizzle with dressing. Toss to coat.
- Divide chicken, and potato/ tomato salad between 4 plates or bowl. Eat immediately and enjoy!