sautéed tomato & chorizo skillet breakfast tacos
Author: Kristina LaRue, RD - Love & Zest
Yields: 8 tacos
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 3 ounces chorizo, chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 ounces Cabernet Estate Reserve® tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar or mexican cheese
- 1 tablespoon packed cilantro leaves
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute red onion, chorizo and mushrooms until onions and mushrooms are softened. Season with red pepper flakes.
- Toss in tomatoes to the mixture and cook slightly to heat. Remove from heat.
- In a non stick skillet, heat butter. Whisk eggs and pour into skillet to scramble. After eggs are nearly cooked, stir in cheese.
- Remove from heat and fold eggs into sauteed tomato mixture; garnish with cilantro.
- Serve warm wrapped in a tortilla.