bacon-guinness grilled cheese
Author: Chef D. Brown
Yields: 1 sandwich
- ¼ Cup (60 G) – Village Farms cabernet estate reserve® tomato & bacon jam
- 2 Slices Brioche bread
- 6 Slices (175 G) – Guinness cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp (12 G) – Grain dijon mustard
- 1 Oz (28 G) – Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (2 G) – Black pepper
- 1 Tsp (1 G) – Sea salt
- Layer brioche with bacon jam on the bottom slice;
- Top with Guinness cheddar (or any cheese of your choice).
- Spread the mustard on the underside of the top slice of bread.
- Build sandwich, saturate both outside surfaces with olive oil.
- Season outside of oil-soaked bread with sea salt.
- Brown slowly in a medium-high sautée pan, on both sides.
- Transfer to low temperature oven (325°F) to ensure cheese is melted through.
- Enjoy with an extra side of cabernet estate reserve® tomato & bacon jam for dipping…