Cabernet Estate Reserve® Meat Sauce with Spaghetti Squash
Author: The Toasted Pine Nut
Yields: 2 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pints Village Farms Cabernet Estate Reserve® tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ⅓ cup shaved Parmesan
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the ends off the spaghetti squash and then cut it in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard them.
- Brush the inside of the spaghetti squash with avocado oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place spaghetti squash flat side down on a lined baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- Flip it and roast for another 10 - 20 minutes (depending how large your squash is).
- Use a fork to pull the spaghetti strands from the shell.
- Scoop them onto a plate or bowl, or eat it straight from the shell.
- Pour avocado oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, sauté until caramelized.
- Add the meat and garlic
- Use a spatula to break up the ground beef and continue to do so until browned but slightly pink.
- Add tomatoes, green pepper, basil, oregano, sea salt, coconut sugar, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, and tomato paste.
- Continue to simmer, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are popped and the sauce is reduced.
- Place a big scoop of Cabernet Meat Sauce in the center of the spaghetti squash, top with shaved Parmesan and fresh basil.