Lorabella Blossom Tomato Jam on Sage & Feta Scones
Author: The Toasted Pine Nut
- 2 pints Village Farms Lorabella Blossom® tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- ⅔ cup tapioca flour (or starch)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup butter, chilled and cut in cubes
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk until the dry ingredients are combined.
- Add the eggs, cream, butter and vanilla to the bowl.
- Use your hands to mix everything together until incorporated and combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the feta and chopped sage.
- Transfer the dough to a cutting board and form into a large circle with your hands. Use a sharp knife to cut into size large triangles.
- Transfer each triangle to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- While the scones are cooking, place the sliced Lorabella Blossom® tomatoes in a pot over medium heat.
- Cook the tomatoes, stirring frequently until the tomatoes are reduced, about 20-30 minutes.
- Add the coconut sugar and balsamic vinegar. Continue to cook until combined and thick, about five more minutes.
- If you like chunky jam, transfer to a jar and set aside. If you like smoother jam, transfer to a food processor and process for about 30 seconds until the jam is less chunky before transferring to a jar.
- When the scones are done baking, transfer to a cooking rack then serve with the jam.