Careers at Village Farms
As a North American based company Village Farms offers a variety of career opportunities for the brightest and the best within their field of expertise. If you have experience in greenhouse growing or technical management, packhouse or distribution center experience, sales, marketing, finance, or administration, and are passionate, dedicated, and committed to excellence please consider applying for a position with Village Farms.
If you are interested in employment with Village Farms please review the job postings under ‘Current Opportunities’. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program.
Candidates interested in posted opportunities can upload their resume and cover letter by viewing the details of the position and clicking ‘Apply Now’. If there are no current opportunities listed within your field of expertise please submit your cover letter and resume here.
|Greenhouse Worker - CANADA||Delta, British Columbia||View|
|Assistant Facility Manager/Grower||Delta, BC||View|
|Assistant Facility Manager (11217.4)||Marfa/Fort Davis||View|
Delta, British Columbia
Harvest crops in accordance with standards and hygiene rules. Identify problems with crops or products and find ways to ensure their health. Move products, materials and supplies from one area to another. Training will be provided. Starting wage rate $10.85/hour
Start Dates November 15, January 15, February 15, April 15, 2017
The positions require repetitive motion, handling heavy loads (up to 45 kgs) and are physically demanding. Extended periods of time standing, bending, crouching and kneeling is required. Work is seasonal with overtime and weekends may be required.
As the Assistant Facility Manager/Grower you will be responsible for section(s) of the greenhouse while assisting the Regional Facility Manager in all phases of greenhouse operations including supervision and training of staff.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY • Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Management of all environmental, irrigation, fertilization & waste water controls
• Communicate with senior management on all aspects of the greenhouse
• Oversee bee and biological control programs
• Perform quality checks
• Prepare and track production costs
• Labour force cost management against budget
• Assist in managing all activities connected to the site, except packing
• Assist with all aspects of the crop including quality controls
• Ensure all required documentation is completed in a timely manner
• Responsible for the entire operation in the absence of the Facility Manager to maintain a clean, professional and safe site at all times (inside and out)
• Must be flexible in schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed. May be required to provide emergency response coverage.
• Conduct meetings with greenhouse staff on a regular basis and participate in Facility Manger meetings.
Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines; ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Ability to exercise professional judgment and decision-making; analyze data and draw conclusions from it.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and good negotiation techniques; recognize problems and troubleshoot effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others in a team environment.
• Excellent computer skills (Excel).
• Strong math skills.
• Strong observation skills.
• Ability to document and present reports on seminars, conference and consultant visits.
• Ability to effectively teach and demonstrate various crop job skills.
Bachelor Degree in Horticulture or related field
• Minimum five (5) years experience in greenhouse management
• Prior experience with environmental software
• Prior experience with Labour Tracking System
Responsible for sections of the Greenhouse in all phases of operations. Monitoring of water waste. Management of all environmental, irrigation and fertilization controls. Labor force cost management against budget. Preparation and tracing of production costs. Conduct meetings with greenhouse staff on a regular basis & participate in Facility Manager meetings. Communicate with senior management on all aspects of the greenhouse. Oversee bee and biological control programs.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Agriculture, Horticulture, or a related field; and three (3) years progressive post-baccalaureate work experience. At least two years of experience must include labor/supervisory experience. Texas Private Pesticide Applicator License required. Experience must also include demonstrable knowledge of: • Greenhouse management, including “semi-cooled” or closed greenhouses; • Synopta environmental software; and • Productive Labor Tracking system.